12-14 June 2018 – West London
The Holy Spirit in Reformed Theology & Ecclesiology
The 2018 IPC Catalyst Conference will look at the doctrine of the Holy Spirit and apply it to the challenges and opportunities of contemporary church ministry. We will consider the person and work of the Spirit in relation to pastoral ministry, the viability of cessationism and the implications of Pentecost for the life of the church, and what it means to worship the living God in spirit and truth.
Each day will consist of the following sessions:
- Morning expositions – Jonty Rhodes
- Pentecost Today? – Richard B. Gaffin
- The Holy Spirit Today – Sinclair Ferguson
- Worship Today – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
- Session 1. Leviticus: The Garden in the Wilderness – Jonty Rhodes
- Session 2. Pentecost today (1) – Richard Gaffin
- Session 3. The Holy Spirit today (1) – Sinclair Ferguson
- Session 4. Worship Today (1) – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
- Session 1. Leviticus: Leviticus: The Mountain of the Lord – Jonty Rhodes
- Session 2. Pentecost today (2) – Richard Gaffin
- Session 3. The Holy Spirit today (2) – Sinclair Ferguson
- Session 4. Worship Today (2) – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
Venue and cost
- Venue: The Victoria Hall, Ealing Town Hall, New Broadway, London W5 2BY
- Price: £25 per day or £60 for all three days
- Please note: lunch is not included
The first 100 bookings for all 3 days each receive a pile of free books!
Booking is now open! Click here to book.
Jonty is minister of Christ Church Central, Leeds. Jonty is married to Georgina, and they have three little girls. He trained for ministry at Oak Hill Theological College in London, and has served as Associate Minister at St. Alkmund’s Church in Duffield, and Minister at Christ Church Derby.
Professor of Biblical and Systematic Theology, Emeritus, Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, USA and a minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
Retired in 2013 as Senior Minister of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina, and was formerly the Charles Krahe chair for Systematic Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary. He has now returned to his native Scotland, where he previously served Church of Scotland congregations in Unst (Shetland) and Glasgow (St George’s Tron).
Assistant Professor of OT and Hebrew at Westminster Theological Seminary, and previously served Cambridge Presbyterian as Associate Minister. Jonny is married to Jackie, with two children: Benjamin and Leila.
An ordained minister from the Anglican Diocese of Sydney, and is currently a doctoral candidate at the University of Oxford, undertaking research into the early English Reformation. He has previously served at Toongabbie Anglican Church, Sydney, and currently worships at St. Ebbe’s, Oxford. He is married to the indefatigable Tanya, and they have three young and very energetic children: Grace, Simeon and Sophia.
Listen to the Catalyst 2016 and 2017 talks in our Resources section