18-20 June 2019 – IPC Ealing
Our true & living God
The wonder, glory and joy of knowing God
Ealing International Presbyterian Church, 53 Drayton Green, Ealing, London W13 0JE
The 2019 IPC Catalyst Conference will look at the doctrine of God and apply it to the challenges and opportunities of contemporary church ministry. We will consider the doctrine of God through expositions of Scripture, and through devotional and pastoral lectures which will explore the being and mystery of God as expressed in the early chapters of The Westminster Confession of Faith.
Each day will consist of the following sessions:
- Morning expositions Andrew Randall
- God the Holy Trinity Scott R. Swain
- The Works of God (Decrees, Creation, Providence) Kevin DeYoung
- The Servant of God Sinclair Ferguson
Andrew Randall is minister of Grace Church, Larbert. He first studied law and practised as a civil court litigator for seven years before training for the ministry. He has ministered in Larbert for the past ten years. Andrew is married to Kay and is also author of Following Jesus: the Essentials of Christian Discipleship .
Scott R. Swain
Scott R. Swain is President and James Woodrow Hassell Professor of Systematic Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida. He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America. He and his wife, Leigh, have four children.
Kevin DeYoung is Senior Pastor at Christ Covenant Church, and an Assistant Professor of Systematic Theology at RTS Charlotte. Previously he was the Minister of University Reformed Church in East Lansing, Michigan. Kevin and his wife, Trisha, are the parents of eight children.
Sinclair Ferguson retired in 2013 as Senior Minister of First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina, and was formerly the Charles Krahe chair for Systematic Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary. He has now returned to his native Scotland, where he previously served Church of Scotland congregations in Unst (Shetland) and Glasgow (St George’s Tron).
Talks from 2018
- Session 1. The Garden in the Wilderness – Jonty Rhodes
- Session 2. Pentecost and the gift of the Spirit – Richard Gaffin
- Session 3. The Spirit of Christ – Sinclair Ferguson
- Session 4. Worship Today (1) – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
- Session 1. Leviticus: The Mountain of the Lord – Jonty Rhodes
- Session 2. Pentecost and the gifts of the Spirit – Richard Gaffin
- Session 3. The Spirit of Sonship – Sinclair Ferguson
- Session 4. Worship Today (2) – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
- Session 1. Leviticus: The Banqueting Hall of the King – Jonty Rhodes
- Session 2. Pentecost and the intercession of the Spirit – Richard Gaffin
- Session 3. The Spirit of Holiness – Sinclair Ferguson
- Session 4. Worship Today (3) – Jonathan Gibson & Mark Earngey
Listen to the Catalyst 2016 and 2017 talks in our Resources section