In The Enduring Authority of the Christian Scriptures thirty-seven first-rate evangelical scholars present a thorough study of biblical authority and a full range of issues connected to it. Recognizing that Scripture and its authority are now being both challenged and defended with renewed vigor, editor D. A. Carson assigned the topics that these select scholars address in the book. After an introduction by Carson to the many facets of the current discussion, the contributors present robust essays on relevant historical, biblical, theological, philosophical, epistemological, and comparative-religions topics. To conclude, Carson answers a number of frequently-asked questions about the nature of Scripture, providing cross-references to the preceding chapters.This comprehensive volume by a team of recognized experts will be the go-to reference on the nature and authority of the Bible for years to come.
Latest content by David Gibson
- Encountering God’s word: Beginning Biblical Studies - September 15, 2016
- The Pastor as a Public Theologian - September 12, 2016
- The Enduring Authority of the Christian Scriptures - September 12, 2016
- Engaging with Barth: Contemporary Evangelical Critiques - September 12, 2016
- Union with Christ – Implications – Part 1 - June 17, 2016