Contribution by Garry Williams: “Enlightenment Epistemology and Eighteenth-Century Evangelical Doctrines of Assurance”
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest content by Gethin Jones
- The Emergence of Evangelicalism: Exploring Historical Continuities - March 7, 2023
- The Atonement Debate: Papers from the London Symposium on the Theology of Atonement - March 7, 2023
- Calvin: Theologian And Reformer - March 3, 2023
- The Da Vinci Code: From Dan Brown’s Fiction To Mary Magdalene’s Faith - March 3, 2023
- His Love Endures For Ever — Reflections on the Love of God - March 3, 2023
Now, after nearly two decades, the ‘Bebbington thesis’ has gained very wide international acceptance, and a review of its central contentions and implications is appropriate. In this stimulating volume, numerous scholars from arts and theology faculties on both sides of the Atlantic, representing several countries, and united by an admiration of Bebbington’s work, take up various aspects of the 1989 volume and offer re-assessments. David Bebbington himself offers a substantial response.